Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Acidental Vegan

"..oh wait, I was vegan all day and didn't even mean to be!"
No really, thats what happened! I started my morning off with a wheat grass shot with my fiancĂ© followed by a green smoothy. For lunch I made my regular: nori rolls with cashew cheese, mock-vegan-tuna fish and lots-oh-veggies! For dinner I ended up having left over meatless and tortilla-less tacos with letice leafs instead- yum yum yum. It seems planned but I've never gone an entire day vegetarian or vegan! I usually will have some sort of egg breakfast which is the hardest thing for me to change since its my easy, go to regular. Getting rid of that just because we ran out of eggs made it so easy! We normally will have some  meat for dinner but since my hubby was at a meeting, there was no need for heavy cooking!
All in all, I limit my meat but don't want to take it fully out until my baby is done breast feeding (the weaning has begun!).
But let me tell ya, I feel great! I feel energetic, clear minded and satisfied too! I have already lost a few pounds after starting the wheatgrass, I'm sure if I keep eating like this after I'm done nursing, the weight will come off like nothing! 

As for the salad above, it was my lunch today and was to die for! So fresh, crunchy and flavorful!
All you need is:
1 Avocado
1 Tomato
1/2 Cucumber
1/4th Bell paper (red or orange)
1 Tbs Minced Onion

The dressing I did with out measurements, its more of a guessing and tasting game than a science. I used:
Rice Vinegar
Honey Mustard
Regular Yellow Mustard
Olive oil
Italian Herb mix
Dill

 Chop, Mix & DIG IN!
Vegan tuna salad nori rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment