Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hungry For Change - Take a bite!

TODAY IS THE DAY!
...or it was 2 days ago!
Today is my 3rd day being vegetarian/vegan! I put a slash in between them because I have been staying mostly to vegan with a few slices vegetarian gluten free toast (which had eggs and such in it ) I had this morning but wise no dairy & no meat !
3 days ago, after searching the web listening to what vegans had to say and looking up recipes, I came to realize,
Why do I preach what I preach?
Why do I do what I do ?
Why do I cook raw, vegan meals and then have chicken the next day when I know as much as I know?
I know whats right, whats best and I know what to do but ..
WHY AM I NOT DOING IT?!
After that I decided, "To day is the day!!". 
I really wanted to post that first day and express how motivated and compelled I was but that motivation turning ran me to Whole Foods to stock up on organic veggie goodness! After cooking up a mean quinoa salad my Fiancé and I snuggled and watched a movie some organic red wine. When I told him what I decide he smiled and told me "Great Babe! Good for you! Im so proud of you!",
when I know what he is thinking is, "Crap! I'm in trouble now!"
Bubs sharing a veggie meal with me for lunch.
A LOT ended up on the floor!
He has also been very interested in health and all things average people don't know about food - he loves any good conspiracy theory and I think he considers the truth of health one too. Like me, he preached and did so much, but left out a few details. He actually once told me, "Im scared your going to become a vegetarian". When I asked him why he replied, "Because then you'll make me stop eating meat", with a sort of "sad face" expression on his face. Well, this boy from Montana is being honest! Honey, I will not force you to do anything! You can eat my vegan meals, which you like, but I will ask you to cook your meat your self if you want some =]. Sorry! Love you!
But I have been staying strong! I have decided what I am going to do and I have not looked back! It feels great being empowered! Tomorrow I plan on starting the Crazy Sexy Diet Cleanse! I have been eating pretty close to it, besides a few details. 


I am not going to blab to much today but I want to share one thing with you:
Hungry For Change


This is a movie about what we are doing to our self with food, how we are not aware of what we are doing, how the industry manipulates what is going on and what we can do.
I think it is important for everyone to watch this film. Most of the people in this video I have been following for a wile and respect and trust. I hope to share this video with some people I know can relate to this, hear what me and my fiancĂ© say but don't quite understand ( and probably don't believe until it comes out of someone else's mouth). I really hope people are starting to become more aware of their bodies and what they put in it, not just what they put on it- thats why I made this blog! I would love if I could just open one persons eyes and help them follow the path I a following. I will continue to show what I am doing to encourage others. Check it out! It is a free preview for the next 10 days and after that you will have to perchance the film. 

Love always
BB

No comments:

Post a Comment