Friday, February 8, 2013

DAYYY 30 VEGAANN CHALLENNNGGGEEE !!

DAY 30 VEGAN CHALLENGE!!
THURSDAY FEBRUARY 7TH, 2013

WE DID IT!! ONE MONTH VEGAN 
AND WE AINT STOPIN!! =]


I was planning on my own to keep it going because it feels good and natural to me, but I was so happy when my husband came to me on his own and said, "I want to do this for longer! Maybe, 6 months? A Year?!". Wow I was so proud of him! I know he doesn't have as strong reasons as I do to go vegan, but it is actually what is right for his body! He has lost about 20 pounds since he dropped it all! He is some sorts of lactose intolerant and always had stomach aches at least once day or even or more, since this month started he only has had one or two! I am very excited that it has become pretty much like a habit now! I am learning more and more every day and love the food and love how I feel!!

For our 30th day being vegan we made a recipe from Forks Over Knives The Cook Book, called the Mexican-Style Beans and Rice Casserole. I spiced it up a little and even put in some extra veggies like broccoli and carrots for extra goodness! It was so good! I will not lie, I seasoned it up on my own and gave it an extra kick! I also topped it with some chopped tomatoes and olives to give it a good tang! It tasted so cheese and so creamy! Despite the "4 servings" it claimed, I would say more like 6 with out any sides on the menu! 
I HIGHLY suggest this recipe!!


For my Baby Love, I made him Mac'n Cheese from the Forks Over Knives The Cook Book. I added some shreded carrots and spinach to get some extra veggies in him, as well as some gluten free, brown rice breadcrumbs. The pasta was made from quinoa and was gluten free as well! Looks kinda funky, but was yummy! My husband and I have been snacking on it! 


Live Well, Feel Well & Shine Bright
Always,
BB
xo







1 comment: